Below is a nice info graph describing how video games are made and the process of making a video game. It is divided into 6 steps:
- Step 1 Brainstorming A group gets together multiple time to create a blue print of the product
- Step 2 Game Breakdown The blue print for the product is create and assignments are created.
- Step 3 Graphics Team Artist sketch very simple sketches for the graphic artists to use to create the characters and backgrounds for the video game.
- Step 4 Development Team This team uses the latest technology to bring the Characters and environments to life.
- Step 5 Programming and Engineering This team put all the puzzle pieces together, this put the character into the environment, creates the movement and the mechanics of making the video game work.
- Step 6 Testing This phase makes sure everything is working properly and that there is no glitches or bugs in the program.