The "Knothole Island" downloadable content for Fable II will be released on December 22nd for 800 MS Points. It was previously announced for release tomorrow, Dec. 12.
The DLC will include:
- Embark on 3 unique quests set in 3 unique dungeons.
- Unravel the mystical secrets of the resurrection shrine.
- Try on a whole new range of outfits and look like an armored knight, an assassin, a barbarian or a leather-clap biker, among many others.
- Brandish 6 new weapons.
- Dozens of unique potions that will drastically alter your appearance.
- Customize your weapons the way you want with the new augment tool and a whole new array of augments.
- +50 additional leader boards.
Accompanying the DLC will be a free title update that will enable co-op between players that have the DLC and those that do not.
All players that grab the free update will get access to extra items like the "Knight’s Boots, Assassin’s Gloves, a Weight Loss Potion, collectible book and more."
Will you be buying the "Knothole Island" pack?
[Update – 12/18/08]
Lionhead’s first Fable 2 expansion, Knothole Island, was set for release to the Marketplace next Monday, December 22nd. Sadly, that just isn’t the case anymore, because "unexpected technical difficulties" have caused its release to delay into late January.
According to the official Xbox.com page for the Knothole Island DLC, we’re informed (in big red text, no less) that the late January time frame will be the Fable 2 DLC’s new release. Exact date, yet to be announced.
Tech issues delay Fable 2 Knothole DLC into Jan. originally appeared on Xbox 360 Fanboy on Thu, 18 Dec 2008 00:50:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.