PLAYA VISTA CA
EA has an exciting opportunity for a Sound Designer who will work closely with the Audio Director on creating sound effects, dialog and music for a next-generation first person shooter game. You will be instrumental in designing audio elements for a high profile new intellectual property. Come join a talented, creative new team at EA Los Angeles—the studio that develops the critically-acclaimed Medal of Honor, Command & Conquer, and The Lord of the Rings, The Battle for Middle-earth franchises!
Responsible for designing and implementing sound effects, including sound effects design and editing, music integration, field recording, technology development and documentation. Employee will act as a liaison with multiple disciplines, including design, animation, VFX, art and engineering. Experience should include a strong understanding of consumer audio hardware and software, such as ProTools, Nuendo, and Sound Forge. Experience in EALA’s proprietary tools, such as Uberdef and Unreal is a strong addition.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Assist the Audio Director relative to the creation of a sound environment that will enhance the quality of the game experience.
* Act as liaison between Sound and other disciplines.
* Head up the integration process, working with game engineering to insure the proper integration of sound assets.
* Look for opportunities to gather source material for sound design work.
* Assist Audio Director in coordination with outside developers of audio content.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
* BA degree with emphasis in music theory and composition and/or electronic music, or equivalent professional experience, with 3 or more years of experience in audio including MIDI and sound tools applications. Master’s degree preferred. Experience in the gaming industry desired.
* Experience with the following audio tools desired:
ProTools, Nuendo, Sound Forge, Uberdef, 3D modeling programs
* Creative, organized, self-motivated, detail-oriented team player.
* Excellent written, oral, and management skills.
PLEASE APPLY AT THE FOLLOWING LINK: