So I read something this afternoon that just pissed me off. James Rivington [submitted an article] to TechRadar.com with a different view (vue?) on the Xbox 360 sales press release that Microsoft posted a little while ago.
The press release from Microsoft UK stats:
“Gamers have voted with their wallets, and the results are in. The Xbox 360 version of ‘Grand Theft Auto IV’ has sold more than 100,000 copies, or 20 per cent more than the PlayStation 3 version in the UK since the game’s release last Tuesday 29 April.”
The article is filled with negative wording like:
- “Microsoft is attempting to use GTA as a PR exercise to boast (and lie) about the Xbox 360 console”
- “We received an unbelievable and outrageous press release today from Microsoft UK”
- “Lies, all lies!”
- “The release then sees Microsoft rambling on and on, mostly just patting itself on the back about selling more copies”
- “Please excuse me briefly while I pause to be sick.”
- “It’s all a load of smoke and mirrors nonsense.”
- “This is an absolutely textbook example of a big company spouting a load of dingo’s kidneys in order to promote itself.”
Sorry, man, you come across like a fanboy pulling crap like that, and I expect more from TechRadar then to listen to fanboy rant.
You can prove anything you want with statistics. It’s all load of ‘Dog Kidneys’
Besides that all the numbers are skewed because no one tracks the number of units out the door of a store (IE the number really BOUGHT.. not given away or promos and such). It’s the number of units shipped from the publisher. So there’s no way to tell really HOW many PS3′s or 360′s are really out in the market.. let alone how many games have really been sold.
The only thing those numbers really show is that the PS3 version and 360 are both selling well, and Rockstar is making a killing.
Beyond that, we’re all used to that kind of marketing. It’s the same crap that Sony has been pulling all along with the PS3. But it doesn’t matter, the PS3 has RIDGE RACER!!!!!!!!
12/25/08 – Update:
When did this little rant turn into a PS3 VS Xbox debate? The point was the article sounded like a FanBoy using the site to dog on the 360 (which, no matter how you look at, it blows the crap outta the PS3 in the market place) and how I dispise the ‘evil’ marketing Sony has used to convince people there shit doesn’t stink.
This wasn’t about how the 360 is/isn’t better than the PS3. In my replys below I’ve tried to just point out facts.
and not step on one side or the other.